Re: Web-based e-mail system?

Randy Orrison <randy@orrison.com> said,
> Aaron wrote:
> >I currently use a fetchmail / procmail / mbox / mutt e-mail setup,
> >with ssmtp (properly linked through `sendmail` of course) for sending.
> >I would really like to have a web mail system set up so that I can at
> >least read, if not send, e-mail from my website as well.
> >
> >Does anyone know of a package that can put mbox mail on the web? It
> >sounds kind of silly, given the inefficiency of mbox, so I'm not
> >holding high hopes, but if anyone has info. about it, that'd be great.
>
> I was using mbox at first, but eventually bit the bullet and switched to
> maildir.  I'm using courier-imap and squirrelmail, and am very happy
> with it.  I also use mutt when I'm logged into the console, and
> sometimes Mozilla mail from my Windows box through IMAP.
>
> Procmail will deliver to maildir just fine, so there's no reason to
> stick with mbox.  (I used mutt to move my messages from my mbox files to
> maildir, via the IMAP server).  If you need more details about setting
> any of it up, just ask.

I would really like to get more information about the best way to move
my mbox mail into maildir, and what's involved in getting my new mail to
be delivered into the new maildir files. I don't want to lose a single
message!

Is there any kind of utility for reading mbox and writing maildir so I
can transition over? I'm assuming that getting procmail to deliver to
maildir is just a matter of a command line option or something.

Thanks guys, everyone has had good suggestions for me!

--
Aaron Bieber
-