Re: software download

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:01:04 +0200, SpawnPPC <spawn_ppc@libero.it>
wrote:

<...>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm Emanuele, from Italy.
>
> Where I can found and download with apt-get this software for
> DebianPPC unstable distribution?

The following is a mixture of free/non-free/commercial software that can
be found in a number of different places, and probably if commercial not
in an apt repository.

Emulators such as Wine and such for console systems/arcade machines can
be found already in the Debian distribution. Search packages.debian.org
or your apt cache ('apt-cache search emulator') for anything of
interest. Emulators run rampant in Debian, and many more can be found at
apt-get.org which is an excellent resource for unofficial repositories.
If you really want a crazy one that no one has packaged for Debian yet,
you can just compile it yourself and place it in /usr/local. Usually no
problem.

Otherwise, the proprietary software like Opera and WineX you'll want can
only be distributed by their respective copyright holders (i.e., Opera
and Transgaming.) Opera, as I understand, can be obtained in a binary
package for Debian from http://www.opera.com (built for woody.) As for
WineX, I wouldn't know.

As for libmagick, I'm not aware of any incompatibilities, but if there
really is one (rare, but it's certainly possible) then you can always
compile it from source and place it in /usr/local. Make sure to get that
specific release that you want.

http://www.apt-get.org
http://www.opera.com
http://www.transgaming.com