Re: gtk2 apps + utf 8 = squared characters

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:45:23AM -0400, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> Hi, I use Sarge and have some gtk2 apps like xchat but when someone is
> typing an international language, all I can see is these squared
> characters -  how do I fix this ?

Set your locale properly and make sure you're using a font that contains
the characters they're typing.  The first is far more important than the
latter.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A sequel is an admission that you've been reduced
 msw@cox.net |     to imitating yourself.  -- Don Marquis