audigy ls sound in sid: solved

I finally got my audigy card working after a long battle.

For references, the instructions given in the tutorial about installing
alsa in debian in http://www.linuxorbit.com (tutorials section)  and
pointed at from debianplanet.org, didn't work, failed miserably.
The instructions at http://www.sonic.net/~rknop/linux/debian_alsa.html
didn't work for my card. The instructions in the sourceforge.net site
didn't work. There is some emu10k1 site there, I couldn't find it now,
sourceforge is down for maintenance.

The instructions that worked were the ones provided in the alsa site:

For those that may be in the same situation. Hope this helps.