Re: use apt-get to upgrade to the unstable version

Phillippe,

> i have debian stable, how can i use apt-get to upgrade to the unstable
> version ?

Firstly, I assume you're at least familiar with apt:

 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html

> i thought apt-get dist-upgrade would do the job but it is not.

You need to update your sources.list file. By default this is in:

 /etc/apt/sources.list

Here is a sample entry for "unstable:

 deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

Notice the "ftp.au.debian.org" - you should be able to find a list of
mirrors from the Debian website.

You can add the above entry in addition to whatever you already have.

Once you have added it:

 apt-get update
 apt-get dist-upgrade

...and expect to download a reasonable amount.

DSL

--
The Open Source Business Network in SA
 ...will be open soon! Watch this space.