Re: return of DNS problem

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 at 04:27 GMT, J Y penned:
> Hi, Yeah I thought of that (resov.conf being a directory rather than a
> file) but it is a file. I meant to include that in the post and
> forgot.  I'll run the command just to be sure though. You have the
> command as ls-ld /etc/resov.conf is the 'd' in there a typo? I thought
> it was ls-l.

If you apply 'ls -l' to a directory, it will list the details of the
contents of the directory.

If you apply 'ls -ld' to a directory, it will list the details of the
directory itself.

Example:

postgres@home:~$ ls -l dumpall
total 12
drwxr-xr-x    2 postgres postgres     4096 Jan  6  2003 6.3
drwxr-xr-x    2 postgres postgres     4096 Jun 30  2002 6.5
drwxr-xr-x    2 postgres postgres     4096 Oct 12 19:13 unknown

postgres@home:~$ ls -ld dumpall
drwx------    5 postgres postgres     4096 Jun 30  2002 dumpall

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please