Re: HOWTO enter Ctrl-S to BASH from console

At Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:59:31 +0200,
Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Here is my somewhat OT question since this is not exactly
> Debian but generic BASH question...
>
> In order to search command history in BASH, I can use Ctrl-R
> (reverse incremental search) but so far am unsuccessful in
> using Ctrl-S (normal incremental search).

[...]

Why don't you try tcsh?  It does backward (meta-P) and forward
(meta-N) wildcard searches.  I haven't yet found the bash
equivalent of '*find*name*' expanding to 'find -name
"somename.*"' rather than 'find -type f' (which would be caught
by '*find*type*').