Re: passwordless root login

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:24:54PM +0200, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
> J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> >> You probably don't want to do that, as that will give everyone access
> >> to everything on your box.
> >
> > As far as I know I don't have anything (sshd, ftpd, etc.) installed that
> > allows remote logins.  I'm willing to trust anyone who has access to the
> > console.
> it's not only a question of trusting. it's a question of peaple making
> mistakes under pressure (e.g. chmod -R ... in the wrong place).

Of course, but this is a risk I'm willing to take--especially since this
"box" is actually a UML running on a filesystem that I can rebuild from
scratch using automated scripts in about 5 minutes.  So an accidental
chmod -R (or, for that matter, a rm -rf /) isn't a catastrophe.

> GoodLuck (you'll need it)

Oh well, that's true regardless.

--Bruce Fields