Re: 2nd try? fontconfig? autohinter? anyone?

Tom wrote:

You know, this is the first slipup in the Matrix I've experienced
since I switch to Linux.  (I hope you get that: 9 months ago I was
a MS-employee.  I mean to say: taboo subject about which we are
embaressed so we'll pretend it isn't worth discussing...
Less than complete intellectual forthrightness... Patent issue
we cannot overcome...)

Not that it's a big deal, just find the arbitriness curious...
Everything else is rational.

Wow.  You worked for the evil empire?  And survived?  I always
thought it was like the mafia.  Once you're in, you can never
leave.  :-)

-Roberto