Re: via-rhine.o

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 13:16, Nicolas Godzik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the DFE-530 TX ethernet card
>
> On Knoppix this card works very well, and it uses the via-rhine module,
>
> when I try to add this module at the installation of debian 3.0
>
> it is saying /lib/modules/2.2.20/net/via-rhine.o: init_module: Device or ressource busy ...
>
> apparently some options are necessary to succeed the installation of this module
>
> I tried option = 0x200 but in this case i have the message: Invalid parameter parm_option
>
> does anybody know how to load this module during the installation process ? to perform the rest of the installation via Internet...

Could it be that the driver has already been loaded?  Check the
command /sbin/lspci.  Also, the driver could be compiled in, thus
not being a module.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born
to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty
by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without
understanding."
Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)