Re: emacs can't find bitstream vera

begin David Morse quote from Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:03:58PM -0400
> Older applications, like emacs and xfontsel, can't find bitstream vera
> on my woody+gnome-backport boxes.  I think the installation told me to
> run some program or something after the install to fix this, but I
> forgot what it told me.

Install x-ttcidfont-conf and edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to include a
FontPath entry for /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
(ideally at the top).  Either restart X or run "xset +fp
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType ; xset fp rehash" to
have X and apps know about the new fonts.  They should then show up in
"xfontsel".

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   Ortega subversive Verisign bomb encryption Commecen warfare