Re: X: No screens found

begin Giannakis Eleftherios quote from Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:04:44PM +0300
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop with S3 twister graphics adapter(with shared memory).
> I can't start the X environment with gdm display manager.
> The error message is "No screens found".
> If anybody has the same laptop and can send me the XFree86config file I would be grateful!!!
> I'm trying Debian 3.0r1
> Thanks, any help appreciated!!

Try running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and disabling the use of
the framebuffer.  If that doesn't help, then please put your full
/var/log/XFree86.log up on the web somewhere or else post all the lines
beginning with (EE).

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    clones SCUD missile threat overthorw Waco, Texas Crypto AG