printer suddenly no longer available

Sometime in the past few weeks, after doing weekly updating, in the
CUPS web page, my printer (Samsung ML-1430) has disappeared.

When I attempt to reinstall the software, it states as a debian user I
need to install a printing system.

I have cupsys, cupsys-bsd, cupsys-client, and 3 libcup* files
installed. I need to print out a bunch of reports in the next few
days, that time of the month, and I'm at a loss on getting things
working.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112