New FontConfig, auto-hinter

The new FontConfig asks me if I want to enable autohinting.  I use
Firebird enabled with GTK2, and anti-aliasing, and I use Gnome with
Anti-aliasing and I use KDE with anti-aliasing.  I use the Bitstream
Vera fonts.

Do I want to use the auto-hinter or not?  The last thing I believed to
be true was that the "byte-code interpreter" was the thing that Apple
patented but looked better.  I want to do the patent-violating, better
looking thing.

--
The California Recall was like the British Prime Minister election.
It was a vote of No Confidence with a short election cycle.