Local .deb mirror / apt-move

Anyway to have apt-get check another URL first for a package before
downloading?

To avoid downloading packages on setting up a new machine I've actually just
scp'ed /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb to the new machine from a machine
that already has been setup.

I'm wondering if there's anyway I can just set my internal web server to point to
/var/cache/apt/archives and have apt-get check there first before
fetching the package.

For example, before fetching apache_1.3.28-1_i386.deb from a source
listed in my sources.list, it first tries something like:

    http://somelocalmachine/debian/apache_1.3.28-1_i386.deb

apt-move seems more involved than I need -- after all I can still just
use my old way to scp the .debs to where I need them.  And I don't
really want to setup a mirror, just a cache.

Of course apt-move seems to have some nice features, such as only .debs
of installed packages around.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

--