RE: fsck hangs my machine unpredictably

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case. Is there any way I can boot the
machine and skip fsck running automatically, try to mount the drive and
salvage some of the data to another drive? (I should point out my system
drive is fine so I can boot OK if I unplug the defective drive, its my 180G
data drive thats screwed.)

Rob