iwlist scanning with orinoco?

Hello, everyone!

I've been trying to use the simple command

  iwlist eth1 scan

to get a list of networks. Why? I'm moving around
between university, work and home WLANs with my
laptop and I would like to write a short script
that automatically configures the network settings.

I have the Monitor-Mode patch in my orinoco drivers,
so I can even run kismet properly. But "iwlist scan"
keeps telling me, that the "Operation [is] not
supported".  Is there a way to make this work with
the Orinoco driver?  Or is there another way to
get a list of available networks in a script?

I'd be glad if someone had any hint for me.

Regards,
Terje

Få den nye Yahoo! Messenger på http://no.messenger.yahoo.com/
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom