Re: Graphing/Charting software

i'd take a look at statistics software of one kind or another if you
have to do anything else with the data.  most programs can readily
generate a simple x-y plot.  if you have access to sas i'd suggest
taking a look at that.  if not, r is gnu.  if all you need to do is
plot, also take a look at gnuplot ...
http://www.cs.uni.edu/Help/gnuplot/

john cuson
(jcuson@isdh.state.in.us, jcuson@alumni.indiana.edu)

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever
observes.

                                     Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

>>> dazed@vonsteuben.cps.k12.il.us 10/07/03 08:43PM >>>
Hey all

Does anyone know of good graphing software that won't crash with huge
amounts of data? All I need is a nice x-y plot graph, but I have over
million points. Excel has many limitations, as it turns out -- which I
managed to get around, but not the graph preview pane, which is
horribly
slow. Don't even ask about Quattro Pro, Gnumeric or StarOffice...
*shudder*.

What'd be nice is just a simple text-based program that outputs a nice
postscript-type graph. Does such a program exist? And if so, does it
do
anything close to what I need?

Thanks in advance