Wierd Mouse Behavior of ThinkPad R40

Hi,

I just buy a new thinkpad R40. Everything is ok except the mouse. I use
sid and X is 4.2.0. There are two mouses, one is trackpoint, the other
is touchpad. I configured the XFree86Config-4 as /dev/psaux with PS2
protocol. The strange thing is sometimes they can work together, but
sometimes only the touchpad works. If I suspend the machine and resume,
both works. I really don't know where is wrong. I config the kernel by
myself. Can this cause any problems? Have I missed something?
--
Zeng Nan

Simple is Beautiful.