Re: can't open yahoo mail in konqueror

On Thursday 02 October 2003 20:10, Dan Anderson wrote:
> FWIW I just checked my mail @ mail.yahoo.com using konqueror.
>
> -Dan
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:35, Alphonse Ogulla wrote:
> > Unable to open mail.yahoo.com in konqueror as non root for the simple
> > fact that yahoo wants to dump some cookies at / (root) directory for
> > which I have no permissions. Anybody experience this strange behaviour?

Now, not even root can open yahoo mail despite enabling cookies, accepting all
cookies by default and sending out browser information. Previoulsy I could
open yahoo mail as root but not as an ordinary user. Just get the following
error over and over.
"The browser you're using refuses to sign in (cookies rejected)

Anybody else experiencing this *very* strange behaviour? Please try out and
revert.

--

Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya