Re: Howto turn vi auto indenting off for html files

--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 12:58, Joris Huizer wrote:
> > --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> highlighting
> > > and
> files.
> > > How
> > > better,
> > >
> > > :set noai
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Well I no difference in behavior when I do that...
> > added my .vimrc maybe there's something weird
> there...
>
> I know this is a stupid question, but did you
> restart vim after
> adding 'set noai' to ~/.vimrc ?

Well I thought you meant doing that while allready
running in vim. I looked closer to the .vimrc and I
found these lines were causing the trouble:

  " Enable file type detection.
  " Use the default filetype settings, so that mail
gets 'tw' set to 72,
  " 'cindent' is on in C files, etc.
  " Also load indent files, to automatically do
language-dependent indenting.
  filetype plugin indent on

I commented the filetype line out and now it works :-)

Thanks for your help !

Joris

=====