Re: raid1 and lilo second disk doesn't boot - testing

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 02:11:22PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> when you disconnected the disks ... how exactly did you do it
> to simulate the ddisk failure ..

I did first a poweroff and then

> 	- did you pull the power cord or pull the ide cable off

pulled both (ide + power) cords off.

> 	- power up the system with the other disks ..
> 	- write a 2GB file ... in degraded raid mode ...
> 	- power down .. reconnect the cable  ... power up
> 	- and watch it resync..
>
> 	( pull or connect the cables when the power is off )

ok I'll try that.  It's not going to be 2 gigs because each disk is
only 1 gig :)

--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org