Re: Howto turn vi auto indenting off for html files

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 07:10:29 -0700 (PDT), Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
penned:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I like using VIM as it gives syntax highlighting and auto indenting on C
> files...  But I don't like the auto indenting of html files. How can I turn
> it off for one session - or even better, for all html files ?
>
> Thanks for your help!!
>
> Joris

You need to
	set nocindent

I believe you can do this just for html files by using

au BufNewFile,BufRead *.html set nocindent

in your .vimrc

--
monique
Please respond to the group OR to my email, but not both.  (Group preferred.)