A note of thanks

About a week ago, I sent a number of postings to this
site about my difficulties in installing woody. Thanks
to a number of helpful respondents, I now have a
working debian woody, including a usb printer.

I am impressed by the quality of this distribution and
believe that a good installation guide is what is
needed to make debian more popular.

There were two publications that I found particularly
useful:
1. On installing debian.
www.darknet.org.uk/content/how_to_install_debian_3.0.html

2.On configuring a kernel.
www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/pet/pet.cgi?SUBMIT=Display&id=2

I believe that if these two publications were combined
into an install document in place of the official
install document, most people would be able to
successfully install debian without endless hours of
effort. As an example of the difference, the cited
document tells which choices to make in Tasksel. Much
of my trouble came from not selecting C and C++.