Gibraltar firewall

Hi,

        New user type questions I am afraid. I am trying out the
        Debian based firewall CD "Gibraltar". I am just tinkering
        about the edges at the moment and I have two periferal
        problems which I should be able to solve, but can't. They are
        not important, but they are niggeling me!

        If I use the date command, I get the time come up as CEST,
        which I take to be Central European time. No problem I thought
        and I edited /etc/timezone from "Europe/Vienna" to
        "Europe/London", but it didn't work, so now I have learnt that
        I don't know how to change simple thing like the time display.

        Also the system defaults to German keyboard, and I have to
        type "loadkeys uk" at the start of each fresh boot. I added
        this to the end of /etc/bash.bashrc, but it did not work
        either.

        Now I am really fealing inadequate. What is the correct
        solution to these niggles. I thought I knew, but I failed :-(

Keith
--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)