Re: How Do You Know If It Works In Linux?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:18:38AM +0800, csj wrote:
> At Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:09:56 +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> > ISTR from http://www.ftdi.com - who make USB-to-some-easier-format
> > conversion chips - the answer is 'something straightforward'. Long
> > time since I looked at the site though. Chances are it would be
> > recognised as a USB device and you'd need to symlink it to /dev/modem.
> > It might depend on who made the conversion chip to some extent.
>
> Do you mean my serial modem is going to become a USB modem?

Er... As far as the kernel is concerned, it'll be a USB device. But
that doesn't really need to concern you, I think. As far as userland
stuff is concerned, it'll be an ordinary serial modem, just you talk
to it via something other than /dev/ttySx.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons