RE: Do we really need to worry about viruses

This is about risk analysis.
Loosing half a days work, or a days work is annoying, but your going to feel
pretty pleased if your backups are working and you only lose a days work.

I think a malicious process which occasionally corrupts random user files
would be much more of a pain.
It could be days/weeks/months before anyone notices.

Reminds me of an old excel macro virus in the 80s which changed the odd cell
here and there.
"When triggered, it picks a worksheet but the active one and loops a
thousand times to randomly select used cell that contains numeric value.
With 1% chance, it decreases or increases the cell value within 5%."

mj