Re: Laptop battery

Cool, apm works fine.  How can I get it to go in my prompt?

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 11:41  PM, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

I used to use apmd, it worked pretty well, I used to cut the power left %
out and use it in my prompt.

hub:~# apt-cache show  apmd
Package: apmd
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 220
Maintainer: Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.0.2-1.19
Depends: libapm1 (>= 3.0.2-1.11), libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), debconf,
powermgmt-base
Suggests: xapm
Filename: pool/main/a/apmd/apmd_3.0.2-1.19_i386.deb
Size: 44632
MD5sum: b274295bddfbb119231700c05a2ee7ca
 On laptop computers, the Advanced Power Management (APM) support
 provides access to battery status information and may help you to
 conserve battery power, depending on your laptop and the APM
 implementation.  The apmd program also lets you run arbitrary programs
 when APM events happen (for example, you can eject PCMCIA devices when
you suspend, or change hard drive timeouts when you connect the battery).
 .
 This package contains apmd(8), a daemon for logging and acting on APM
 events; and apm(1), a client that prints the information in /proc/apm
 in a readable format.
 .
 apmd is notified of APM events by the APM driver in the kernel.
 .
 Recent Debian kernels are built with APM support but it is disabled
 by default.  You need to boot the kernel with the "apm=on" option if
 you want to enable the driver. (You may need to add this option to
 your lilo command line.)