Iptables, anti-spam and gnome.

Hi group;
I would like know how can I use in my Debian (Woody) iptables -m string --string??? My kernel don't support this.

I'm using Spamassassin in my qmail, but this doesn't work, I'm receiving a lot of spam in my e-mails. Can I configure spamassassin better for work better??? I'm thinking use bogofilter + spamassassin, but I can't compile that, because of Berkeley db. Do I need buy this??

Now in my Desktop I'm using Debian (Sarge) with gnome2. When I enter in my gnome2 show up that error:
---
There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.

The last error message was:

Failed to activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon'

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.
---
But my gnome2 works perfect, without errors. Somobody knows what is this error??

PS: Sorry for my english.

Hugs
Gilberto Villani Brito
Network Administrator