Re: Access fat-partition as user?

ZekeVarg@linux.se wrote:

I have a windows-partition (/dev/sda1) I want to access from debian but can only do it as root (su). I tried to chmod it to "754" so user could access it but it doesn't change the permision on it.

If you mean that users can't mount it: to allow users to mount volumes, you must ensure that there is an appropriate line in the /etc/fstab file, with the 'user' parameter.

If you mean that it's mounted but users can't see it: see the umask option for mounting vfat (man mount), and make the appropriate addition to your mount command line or /etc/fstab.

Regards,
John Spray