Re: deselect has no multicd option

Scott wrote:
Greetings:

I'm obviously new at dselect.  I got through it OK on an install but
on a restart, I'm fuzzy.  I went to choose sources (wanted to add a
CDROM set).

The dselect for beginners document says to use multi_cd for an access
method.  My dselect has no such option.  Should it?  How do I get it,
or mor importantly, how do I get it to add my CD set as an access
option?

Thanks,
Scott

The quickest and easiest way to add a new CDROM source is with:
# apt-cdrom add

It will prompt you to insert the CD, then it will inventory the packages avialble and make them available via apt (or dselect, or whatever frontend you use).

-Roberto