Re: harddisk too slow

Hi,

Since this is an IDE-drive we're talking about all you need to do is
enable the UDMA modus for that harddrive. You need to run - with root
privileges - "hdparm -c1 -d1 /dev/hda".
You should however first test your harddrive so you can see the
difference. Run - again with root privileges - "hdparm -tT /dev/hda"
then set the DMA and 32-bit flag, then run that test again. You'll see
the difference ;)

And since you may not want to do that everytime after you rebooted, you
have to add that to one of your startup scripts in /etc/rcS.d -
preferably the first one.

MJ