Re: Different images on Root Window with Xinerama?

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:

> I'm using Icewm on Sid and running Xinerama.
>
> Anyone know how I can put different image on each screen of my root
> window?

My understanding is that, since you're using XINERAMA, you only have
one screen, end of story.

> I've tried the display command but my image just gets tiled across
> all monitors:
>
>   $ display -window root foo.png

In a non-XINERAMA world, you'd also specify the X display to request a
particular screen:

  display -window root -display :0.0 foo.png
  display -window root -display :0.1 bar.png

The hard part is actually coming up with a window manager that
understands multi-screen displays.  fvwm2 and openbox both do; ISTR
having trouble using New And Improved Sawfish (TM).  I also don't know
how desktop environments like KDE or GNOME would do.

	-- Abra Mitchell