Re: Black Holes.

David Palmer wrote:
> But even though I am able to find documentation that will teach me the
> basics of bash, I've looked all over the web for a simple tutorial to
> explain step by step procedure for download and install of a basic
> application.

"apt-cache search something" will return a list of things. Sometimes
too many, sometimes not enough. But lets say you found gnupg..

    apt-get install gnupg

You might find documentation under /usr/share/doc/gnupg/* , or
"man gnupg" or "pinfo gnupg" (pinfo will have to be installed).

If you'd rather a GUI, try aptitiude, kpackage, or synaptic. Whichever
you prefer. I find the command line tools quicker and easier though.