Re: uhci

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:25:48 -0700 (PDT), Sidney Brooks <sidneybrooks@yahoo.com> penned:
> I want to use a usb printer with Debian woody. From
> what I read, I must install the module uhci to do
> this. I do not know where to find this module and how
> to install it. I have tried apt-get with no success.
> This must be something that everybody but me knows how
> do as everything I read assumes that no explanation is
> needed. Somebody please tell me.

I believe they're talking about the uhci kernel module, not a software
package.

I don't know if the default debian kernel comes with uhci, as I am a
geek and like to roll my own.  IIRC, I personally have uhci built into
the kernel itself, and I have ohci as a module.

What's the output of your 'lsmod' command?  One of the lines in mine is:

usb-ohci               18888   0  (unused)

--
monique