Re: Black Holes.

David Palmer. wrote:

> O.K., I'm trying to get on top of a few things here, and am struggling
> to find directions that make sense.
> It's got to the point where I have actually got to the point of starting
> off a series of posts at an open source forum to help out other newbies
> like myself.
> But even though I am able to find documentation that will teach me the
> basics of bash, I've looked all over the web for a simple tutorial to
> explain step by step procedure for download and install of a basic
> application.
have you tried the "debian reference"? it does cover many debian issues plus
general linux usage:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html

for compiling an application from source there is a link that I remember
from my old mandrake days:
http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/MandrakeLinux/91/en/Command-Line.html
install-free-software-chapter.html
although in debian, you have most of the application compiled and packaged.
just run a tool like dselect/aptitude and search for "Gnupg" and you'll get
plenty of results (including front-ends).

enjoy
--
Haim