Re: Promise Fasttrak 100 PDC20267 on Debian

Thanks for the fast response Ron, you make good suggestions! However;

At 03:42 PM 29/09/2003, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 00:27, Greg Vickers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if there is a person or group working on supporting the
> mirror features of the Promise Fasttrak 100 PDC20267 on Debian? I installed > stable and got the controller working OK - but the kernel support fails the
> acid test, when a HDD is unplugged, the system rocks on for about 10
> seconds then locks up :(

Have you tried moving to a newer kernel?

According to 'grep -r PDC20267 /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.19', that
chip is supported by Debian-packaged kernels.  You will probably
have to grab the deb directly from the web page, though.

$ uname -r
2.4.20-pre9

Note that it requires 'fileutils (>= 4.0)', so you make have to
grap it's apt-src and compile it yourself.

$ dpkg -l fileutils
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
+++-=============================-=============================-
ii fileutils 4.1-10 GNU file management utilities

Maybe I should move off the -pre9 kernel? There are other reasons I have to move up a kernel level so I may as well :)

=================================
Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems,