howto get (retrace) synched fullscreen tvout with mplayer

hello,
i'm trying to get fullscreen playback with mplayer (MPlayer
1.0pre1-3.3.2) on my TV with enabled "wait for vertical retrace" to
eliminate the vertical bars (old picture<->new picture problem).

It seems for me that i can get only synched output with the gl or gl2
driver (set __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK="1" enviroment variable first), all
other drivers (tested with xv, x11 and sdl) are not synched (i tested
all of them with -double flag).

With the gl[2] driver it works fine with one big problem, the driver
cares nothing about the aspect ratio (in fullscreen mode) of the movie
(only with dvd and mpg files it works but not divx) and scales them to
fullscreen which looks very ugly. I've tried many command line
parameters from mplayer, but the gl2 driver seems to be ignore them.

Has anyone a solution (another driver with synched output or correct
aspect ratio with gl driver?