Re: snapshot.debian.net

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:11:52AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:27:13PM -0700, tb.nospam@comcast.net wrote:
> > Does http://snapshot.debian.net really keep EVERY version of EVERY package in
> > unstable?
>
> See the statement on its front page. It's true.

Thanks.  I'd read it, but was confused by the first sentence (IMHO it's
overly complex and opaque).  I guess when it says "All Packages" it
means "all .DEBs," which is indeed all "versions."

A semantic question: does "package" always mean "a particular .DEB",
i.e. one particular version?  If so, what is the unambigious term for
the series of versions?