Re: what mailing system for me ?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, mess-mate wrote:
<snip>

> Found it in a tutorial.
> So, When I compare with yours all seems ok, didn't ?
> If it is, what is the command to place the messages in the MALDIR ?
> When I give the command 'procmail', it hangs until a ^C.
> mess-mate

I'm not an expert on this but it looks ok to me. fetchmail is suppose to
be setup in /etc/init.d/fetchmail and there should be a link to
/etc/rc2.d/S??fetchmail. This should run at 5 minutes intervals unless you
changed the defaults. fetchmail is configured by you to automatically
trigger mailfilter and after the mail is send to fetchmail, fetchmail
sends it to sendmail, automatically. Sendmail then automatically sends it
to procmail. So, invoking procmail by itself is not what you are suppose
to do. Its like an assembly line. A checks the headers and discards junk.
B gets the all the mail. C get the mail from B and sends it to D. D sorts
the mail into mailboxes. And then you read the mail in the mailboxes.
-Kev