--- John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Kent writes:
> > Run "plog" fairly often while pon is
> dialing/connecting. It might give
> > you a clue as to what's going wrong.
>
> Or run 'plog -f' once.  man plog
> --
> John Hasler

To give the whole log would be too lengthy.

The log indicates a correct start. I get the line
"serial connection established".

The log ends with an endless cycle.
sent  [LCP EchoReq id=0xn magic=0xe94ee9cf]
rcvd  [LCP EchoRep id=0xn magic=0xf84d9af6]
n starts at one and then increases with increments of
one.

In the text inbetween, after it receives my user id,
it says:
rcvd [CHAP success id=0x58 ""]

The next line is:
Couldn't set pass-filter in kernel Invalid argument

I do not recall seeing my ISP password in the text.