3d (opengl) games crash

Hi debian-users

I am running debain unstable. I know that things crash in unstable I
just find it odd that two 3d/opengl games both give segfaults so I think it may
be a problem on my end.

I have an nvidia card and I am using the latest nvidia drivers. If you
have any ideas what I may have done wrong to cause tuxracer and
vegastrike to segfault please post it on the list.

The following is the output of tuxracer followed by vegastrike.

I have resent this as the original was sent a few days ago and I don't think it got to the list as my mail server ran out of diskspace. Thanks to Johann for pointing it out to me.

Regards

Paul

paul@debian:~/projects$ tuxracer
Tux Racer 0.61 -- a Sunspire Studios Production
(http://www.sunspirestudios.com)(c) 1999-2000 Jasmin F. Patry
<jfpatry@sunspirestudios.com>
"Tux Racer" is a trademark of Jasmin F. Patry
Tux Racer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.

Segmentation fault

paul@debian:~/projects$ vegastrike
Vega Strike
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for license details.

Data directory is /usr/share/games/vegastrike
no name or value given for variable
no name or value given for variable
no name or value given for variable
no name or value given for variable
no name or value given for variable
using config file in data dir /usr/share/games/vegastrike
SIMULATION_ATOM: 0.06
WARNING: no var named directory in section data using default:
/usr/share/games/vegastrike
WARNING: no var named sharedmeshes in section data using default: meshes
WARNING: no var named sharedunits in section data using default: units
Opened audio at 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo, 4096 bytes audio buffer
WARNING: no var named python_modules in section data using default:
modules
WARNING: no var named python_bases in section data using default: bases
running import sys
print sys.path
sys.path =
["/usr/share/games/vegastrike/modules/builtin","/usr/share/games/vegastrike/modules","/usr/share/games/vegastrike/bases"]
['/usr/lib/python2.2', '/usr/lib/python2.2/plat-linux2',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages',
'/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages']
testing VS randomrunning import sys
print sys.path
['/usr/share/games/vegastrike/modules/builtin',
'/usr/share/games/vegastrike/modules',
'/usr/share/games/vegastrike/bases']
WARNING: no var named DopplerScale in section audio using default: 1
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Loop average : 0

Loop average : 0

Thank you for playing!