Re: Son of Swen?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:39:08PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:

| I just received a MS upgrade worm that appears to have a complete
| executable that's 0.1k.  So the whole message is quite brief.

Are you sure there was really an executable in that message?  I've
received quite a few similar messages, except there is absolutely no
content in the .exe mime part.

BTW, a rule like this in your mail system's mime header checks is
quite effective against certain forms of trash :
(this particular syntax is a pcre map in postfix (>= 2.0) mime_header_checks)

-D

--
A violent man entices his neighbor
and leads him down a path that is not good.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/