Re: report on being too dependent on Microsoft

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 11:40, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 09:04:08AM -0700, moseley@hank.org wrote:
> | Here's an article on cnn.com that might help your boss listen:
> |
> | "Microsoft dominance threatens U.S."
> |
> | http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/25/technology/microsoft_usa.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes
>
>     "Security experts warn that No. 1 maker of desktop software is
>     also No.  1 target for virus writers."
>
> Nothing new here.

Not new to techies (and wannabes), but upper management needs to
be reminded occasionally.

The funny part is "now the number one target".

They are right about monoculture.  The recent openssh bugs pointed
that out.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife,
you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."
Socrates