Re: exim4 queue and rewrite problem (conf included)

------------------------
 "Benedict Verheyen" <linux4bene@pandora.be> wrote:
------------------------

>------------------------
> "Benedict Verheyen"  wrote:
>------------------------
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Yesterday i started using amavis and clamav besides fetchmail, exim4 and
>>spamd. However this seems to bog down my server (Pentium III-333 128 Mb)
>>I saw a lot of open exims and some open amavis programs.
>>I stopped both exim and amavis and removed the amavis router and transport
>>to put less strain on my server.
>>
>>I then restart exim but still a lot of messages remain in
>>/var/spool/exim4/input. I then deleted all in /var/spool/exim4/msglog and
>>/var/spool/exim4/db because it seemd to contain some referrences to amavis.
>>It seemed to work as some more messages where processed but still a lot
>>of messages remain in /var/spool/exim4/input.
>>
>>Also, it seems to retry to send mails very often and exim also complains
>>about possible mail loops. I have included my  exim.conf but amavis
>>is already taken out of this.
>>

>>1. How can i force exim to process,deliver and clean up the queue?
>>
>>2. It also has problems with mail from my own pc benedict@guinever.camelot
>>The domain is called camelot, my pc is guinevere (192.168.0.10) and the
>>server is arthur (192.168.0.1 on eth1 and external ip on eth0).
>>It seems as if the rewrite is only done when is post as benedict@camelot
>>and not as benedict@guinevere.camelot.
>>I have filled in a correct "external" email in
>>/etc/exim4/email-addresses.
>>How can i force to rewrite the email address and thus not trigger an error
>>message from my isp that he doesn't know the benedict@guinevere.camelot
>>email address?
>
>I checked my mail queue with mailq and the messages appear to be frozen.
>They are addressed to benedict@camelot which should work fine.
>Whey are they still frozen?

Some more info. When i look at the frozen messages i see a lot of
Received headers. That was what exim was also complaining about.
It seems as if my mails got in a loop: the mail i'm checking right
now has about 10 X-Virus-Scanned lines.
So apparently they where was a loop between exim and amavis.
I have no idea why that happened. I have included my amavis router
and amavis transport: (the rest of the config is atteched to my
first mail)

router:
=======
amavis:
    driver = manualroute
    condition = "${if eq {$interface_port}{10025} {0}{1}}"
    transport = amavis
    route_list = "* localhost byname"
    self = send

transport