Re: jadetex: how to modify the parameters?

Abdul Latip <dullatip@angin.com> writes:

> May I know how a user can modify the TEX parameters
> as in /etc/texmf.cnf ? A superuser could easily
> modify the /etc/texmf.d directory.

You could make a copy of the file, edit it, and point $TEXMFCNF to
that directory, checking that 'kpsewhich texmf.cnf' points to the
correct copy of the file.  info://kpathsea/Config%20files talks about
this in a little more detail.

Just using a different texmf.cnf might not be enough, though; you
might need to (locally) regenerate jadetex.fmt using the larger pool
size.  'initex' should be able to do this.  I don't actually remember
off hand how 'virtex' starts up, it's possible that if 'kpsewhich
jadetex.fmt' finds a local file, then just running jadetex out of
/usr/bin will use the customized format.

	-- Abra Mitchell