Re: OT: RH and Debian brothers now?

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 12:20 am, Ron Johnson wrote:
> That would be a possible theory if Debian & RH both use the same
> package manager.  Now, if RH wants to admit to the error in it's
> ways and move to dpkg/apt/deb, it could be an enterprise version
> of Libranet, and, since it charges for updates  to multiple systems
> (the RH Network), it would be a lot like Lindows!

They will not admit errors or move into deb, cause this would be like
admitting that all their previous work is inferior to other, besides apt
works perfectly well with rpms.
Many people use RH so their community have the critical mass to make a lot of
packages and generate big apt-rpm repositories, that fact combined with their
installer and config tools may in time do the RHL project more popular than
the Debian project, that would be a shame but I think it is inevitable unless
debian become more user friendly in short time.
Oh yes, there is libranet but most people haven't even heard about them, not
to mention they won't let you download their last CDs.

Alfredo