Re: udeb

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, M.Balakrishna Pillai wrote:

> hi all,
>
> can somebody explain (or a pointer to the details of) udeb package and its difference with deb packages.
>
> with regards
> M.Balakrishna Pillai

A udeb (with the u representing micro I suppose) is just a stripped down
.deb for use with the new Debian installer being developed for sarge.  As
space is at a premium in installation media, all the extra unnecessary
stuff like documentation is left out in a udeb.  In all other respects it
is the same as a normal .deb.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>