Re: Exim and Cyrus shared folders

> Am I missing something else in the exim.conf?

(It would help to include your exim.conf file as an attachment.)

If your exim.conf file was created by the eximconfig script, then the local_delivery transport is invoked by the localuser director.

Notice how the localuser director uses the localuser driver. If the "shared" localpart is not backed by a user with the same name, then the localuser director will decline to handle messages addressed to "shared@example.com".

If you comment out the "driver = localuser" line, then you may get the desired result. (I don't recall whether Exim will use the driver specified by the transport.) Also try "driver = smartuser".

Rather, the solution is to get one of the directors to accept the "shared" localpart.

Jody Hay wrote:

    Hello -

    I am running debian testing with Exim (3.36) and Cyrus Imap (1.5.19).

    I'm having difficulty configuring exim to deliver mail to a shared
folder.

    I created a shared folder with cyradm, like this:

linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# cyradm -u mailadmin 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 password:
127.0.0.1> cm shared
127.0.0.1> sam shared anyone lrswipcda
127.0.0.1> lam shared
anyone lrswipcda

    I can use cyrdeliver to send email to the folder:
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# cat sample_mail |cyrdeliver -m shared

    However, this will not work:
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# mail shared -s "Sample" < sample_mail

    Neither does this
linux:/var/spool/cyrus/mail# mail bb+shared -s "Sample" < sample_mail

    They both result in error messages in the /var/log/exim/mainlog:
 ** shared: unknown local-part "shared" in domain "linux"

    Here is the transport section of exim.conf
local_delivery:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver ${local_part}"
  return_path_add
  return_output
  prefix = ""
  user = cyrus

    Am I missing something else in the exim.conf?

    Please cc: me directly on responses.