Re: MS mail bombs

Steve Lamb wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:59:00 -0600
Jacob Anawalt <jacob@cachevalley.com> wrote:
Maybe they gave up early on it due to content. I just forced myself to drudge through the whole of it. Lots of good ideas and reasons to not use C-R* from the "I'll take it all to not miss one email" camp.

   Easier to just read Karsten's excellent essay on the matter.

Hmm. I must have missed that link when I looked up his site last month after reading a post in reference to his ideas on backups.

http://kmself.home.netcom.com/ - "I am not sending you viruses"
http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html

While reading that certainly clarified the woes of the challenge-response system, I'm unsure if it would have cleared me of your charges since they said to read the thread:

Steve Lamb wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:26:42 -0500
And wasn't there a big, long thread last month where most in the
thread excoriated C-R?

   Yup.  Which goes to show that these people clearly didn't read it, don't
care, or are just plain stupid.  I vote for all three.  *sigh*

:P
:)
--
Jacob